Power flushing is the process by which the central heating system of a house is flushed clean of rust, sludge and any other debris that may have accumulated.
If you are noticing any of these symptoms, then you may need your system flushing:
- Boiler switching on and off frequently (aka ‘cycling’)
- Boiler constantly breaking down
- If you have a combination boiler you may notice that the hot water keeps getting hot and then cold. A non-stable temperature may continue to get worse, until you do not get any hot water at all.
- Boiler making banging and/or knocking noise
- Central heating radiators taking a long time to heat up
- Radiators getting cold spots
- Radiators not getting very hot when the pipe work is getting hot
- House always feels cold even when the heating’s on
- Boiler making a kettle noise (resembles a kettle boiling!)
- Discoloured water when you bleed the radiators and in some severe cases when you run the tap
If you ignore any of these symptoms and do not contact us then boilers may become so damaged that they’ll be deemed uneconomical to repair, therefore requiring a replacement.
These problems on their own may be able to be rectified without power flushing, however, if you notice more that one at any time then it is probably worth considering a power flush.